Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jemina: (juh-mihn-ah)

So. My name's Jemina. I'm 6 feet tall, my birthday's on 9-11, I'm the youngest of 4 kids and oh yeah, my parents, Phil and Syl, are deaf. I can only assume Phil and Syl named me Jemina because they weren't aware of the audible consequences my name would cause.

My name has been pronounced in every way imaginable except the right way. Jemimah, Jemeeenah, Jemyna (no, my name does not rhyme with vagina), Jemiski, Jumanji, you get the drift. As a result, I usually answer to anyone who attempts a "J" sound.

My life has been colored by many, many stories involving 3 ingredients: embarrassment, legalistic Baptist rules, and deaf people. This blog will be dedicated to those stories as well as current ones that might also involve the holy trinity of story ingredients.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow this shit.

    You forgot...Aunt Jemima

    ReplyDelete